Friday, October 22, 2010

Pottery Barn Hack


Our story starts with this lantern from the Goodwill.

As you can see it was $6.99 but I waited for the half off day and hoped that it would still be there. Hooray! There it was.



I thought that I was going to have to tape off all of the glass when I noticed that it was removable! Yessssss! (I hate prep work)
I pulled out the secret stash of spray paint.
(My husband tried to ban me from painting.
Something about turning our street multiple colors)
What a great afternoon for s'mores. Hmmmm maybe our lantern would look pretty out here.

Ohhhh it does.... I filled it with Fall Leaves from the ground and a FLAMELESS CANDLE, (they have them at Target) don't burn the house down!

Some other Goodwill Finds thrown in.

Outdoor Chandelier
Outdoor Cart
Silver S'mores Tray
Lantern
Oh is that from Pottery Barn? Why no, it is from the G-Dub!!
Not bad for $3.50 and some left-over spray paint!!


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the lantern! Your backyard looks so nice and welcoming - like it COULD be in Pottery Barn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! The black really makes it pop and with the fire and smores in the background. Very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What a great find, and you what a patient person you are to wait for half-off day! Good job!

    ReplyDelete