Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Table Re-do


I picked up this little side table from the G-Dub for $12.99
The detail was a little jacked up on one side so....

I took a butter knife and jacked up the other side! Viola!

I took off the handle and started to paint her right up!!
I used spray primer then Heirloom White on top. Then I made a wash with Martha Stewart "Sharkey Gray" blend of paint and water (50-50)

You cant even tell that the embelishments are a little off. Perfect, and yet not, just like I like it.





I think I'll move her into my bedroom, but she's hanging out on the patio for now.


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. What a clever and stylish redo! You have certainly elevated the look of this table. Excellent job, well done, you clever woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint job looks great, what a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous! i would have walked right by that, not even thinking of scraping off that scrolly bit. it looks lovely!

    so glad you stopped by the cape on the corner, and yikes! i have never experienced an earthquake, thank goodness! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH my she's LOVELY! I have been looking and looking for a very small side table at GW too. Yours is GREAT and I love what you've done with her!

    ReplyDelete