Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Krista Bars

Krista is the sweetest friend EVER!

She happens to be married to "Keys" remember him? Their son is so cute that a stranger told ME that he was by far my cutest son. Oops! Sorry to my own two boys.
She thinks that she is very helpful on the playing field. (sometimes I have to move my chair over a little...)
She is quite the hoe-downer! Our dog LOVES her. In a very slobbery way. Krista was once awakened by my dog's tongue in her mouth! Sorry!!!! (Krista is so nice, she is still my friend after that unfortunate incident.) AND she lets me Staycation at her house anytime I want!


But what she is really known for are the bars. The Krista Bars. My sons dream of them, my husband laments the fact that he ever tasted one, and I finally agreed to make them for my family. And now I am giving you the gift of The Krista Bar.

Now if you are diabetic please step away and load up on the insulin. I'll wait right here.

Once you read what is in them, you may not want to have them in your home. Just try them once, and see what happens.



The Krista Bars
1 package butter recipe yellow cake mix with pudding
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 (12 oz. pkg.) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
3 chocolate covered Heath bars or 1 package of Heath bar pieces (that is what I use)
1/2 cup of butter
32 vanilla caramels , unwrapped (duh)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)

Heat over to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 inch pan. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs, blend well . Stir in Chocolate chips, vanilla chips and candy bar pieces. Mixture will be thick. Press half of the mixture in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile in medium saucepan combine butter, caramels and condensed mile. Cook over medium heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.

Remove partial baked cruse form oven. Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over crust. Crumble remaining cake mixture over caramel.

Return to over, bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until top is set and edges are deep golden brown. Cool 20 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Cool 40 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.

I apologize in advance for your pants no longer fitting.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment