Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday


Turkey bacon and egg on whole wheat tortillas.


I make "grab and go" breakfast and lunch items to keep in the refrigerator and freezer so we can get out the door fast around here. I make turkey bacon and egg quesadillas, fruit kebabs, or slow-cooker oatmeal so it is ready when the boys get up.(One is in middle school and the other is in high school so they are on different schedules)




(peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat raisin bread panini and brown rice crispy treats)
I try to make a healthy breakfast and lunch that they will still enjoy. My younger son brings his lunch everyday so I make the "cookie of the week"(and hope they can last for a week without disappearing), and a couple of different panini choices that I make on Monday morning. He just has to grab one of each and throw them in a bag. (then my husband writes a different fictional name on his bag every morning, usually it is some obscure character from The Simpsons. ) We are very fortunate that our boys get up and get going on their own. Our mornings are pretty calm around here for a nice change.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I want a panini press!

    Great tip...thanks for sharing!

    :)

    Stop by and see me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal!

    ReplyDelete