Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mr. Draper call me a cab...

This is an open letter to all Colorado drivers.
Please stop crashing into my car.

As you may know I was in a car accident about six months ago. I was hit in an intersection by a young, inexperienced driver. I was less than a mile from my house. Because of some memory and attention problems the doctors put a medical hold on my liscense. I was not able to drive for six months. About a week ago the neurologist finally gave me the "go-ahead" to drive my kids to school, the grocery store, and with supervision perhaps to the mall.

I started driving about a week ago, and I have to say it was pretty scary. I was convinced someone was going to crash into me at every turn. Well it happened last night. I was yet again on the SAME STREET and was rear-ended less than a mile from my house. It sounds like a joke. But jokes are usually funny. This time my car was not totalled and I'm fine. My back bumper is currently residing in the back seat of my BRAND NEW car with hardly any miles on it.

For a week I was driving around waiting for the worst to happen. Well it did happen, but it turned out fine. You know how you dread the first scratch on your car, but then when it happens you can stop thinking about it? Well the person hit me, I'm fine, I got it over with, and now I can move on.

But please everyone, if you happen to see me on the road, pull over to the side and let me pass unharmed.

I have to go now, Mr. Draper has called me a cab.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should wear a disguise when driving so other cars will not find you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee whiz! I hate that this happened to you again, but I'm so glad you didn't get hurt again.

    ReplyDelete